Produced by HBO for TV broadcast May 19, 2001, 96 minutes.
- Directed by Frank Pierson
- Written by Loring Mandel
- Produced by Nick Gillott
- Cinematography by Stephen Goldblatt
- Film Editing by Peter Zinner
- Sound Editing by Christopher Ackland
- Production Design by Peter Mullins
- Costume Design by Rosalind Ebbutt
- Stanley Tucci as Lt. Colonel Adolf Eichmann, SS Gestapo Office of Jewish Affairs
- Kenneth Branagh as General Reinhard Heydrich SS Chief of Reich Security
- Colin Firth as Dr. Wilhelm Stuckart, Interior Ministry
- Barnaby Kay as SS Major Rudolph Lange, Deputy Director SS Forces Latvia
- Ben Daniels as Dr. Joseph Buhler, State Secretary
- David Threlfall as Dr. Friedrich Kritzinger, Reich Chancellery
- Jonathan Coy as Dr. Erich Neumann, Director Office of the 4 Year Plan
- Brendan Coyle as SS General Heinrich Muller, SS Gestapo Chief
- Ian McNeice as Dr. Gerhard Klopfer, Representative of Martin Boorman
- Owen Teale as Dr. Roland Freisler, Ministry of Justice
- Nicholas Woodeson as Lt. General Otto Hoffmann, Office of Race & Settlement
- Ewan Stewart as Dr. Georg Leibbrandt
- Kevin McNally as Martin Luther, Under Secretary of Foreign Ministry
- Brian Pettifer as Dr. Alfred Meyer
- Peter Sullivan as SS Colonel Karl Schongarth
This film is based on the true story of the meeting at Wannsee, Germany, January 20, 1942, to plan the Final Solution. The 15 Nazi officials who met at the Wannsee mansion near Berlin were led by Reinhard Heydrich, head of the Reich Security Service (SD) controlled by Heinrich Himmler's Schutzstaffel (SS). This was not a decision-making conference. Hitler had already made the decision for the Final Solution. Special Units (Einsatzgruppen) of the SS had been killing Jews in Russia since June 1941. Hermann Goring in a July 31 memo drafted by Adolf Eichmann had authorized the "General Solution of the Jewish Question." The purpose of the 1942 meeting was the implement these decisions with a specific plan for removing Jews "to the East" and their systematic extermination coordinated by several German agencies under the authority of the SS.
- Credits from the IMDB for the title Conspiracy
- Official site from HBO
- House of the Wannsee-Conference Memorial and Educational Site
- Bartov, Omer, ed. The Holocaust: Origins, Implementation, Aftermath. New York : Routledge, 2000 . 300 p.
- Rising, David. "Revisiting Wannsee," AP, Jan. 20, 2002.
- Roseman, Mark. The Past in Hiding. London : Allen Lane, 2000 . 575 p.
- German Armed Forces from Jason Pipes includes a description of the SS
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- World War II Timeline
revised 1/24/02 by Schoenherr | Filmnotes